August 21-23 our congregation is returning to Highlands Camp and Retreat Center near Allenspark, Colorado for a weekend retreat. Members and friends of UUCB are welcome. Registration will open in April.
- During February and March we are asking you/our members to propose any workshop or activity that you might want to lead. We have a Proposed Workshop Form that can be completed and returned to a task force member or the church office or by Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our task force will then sort through the proposals and design a menu of workshops and activities for our young children, our youth, and all adults, as well as multi-generational workshops and activities. We will also provide daycare support for the very young.
- The Camp provides great outdoor activities and access to beautiful hikes. We will can plan hikes and games and lots of outdoor fun. The camp offers several activities for us: their challenge course looks like fun for ages 8 and up. They offer archery and canoeing for all ages and their zip line is available to ages 13 and up. We will have a kids’ programs running concurrently with adult programs and many will be multi-generational.
We can choose from one of 3 ways to stay at Highlands.
- They have a beautiful Retreat Center with rooms accommodating 3-6 people in twin beds (and a few queen beds) with private bathrooms.
- They have 3 rustic log cabins reserved for us, each with 20-24 beds. These have central living rooms, multiple bedrooms, and shared bathrooms.
- And the third option for a limited number of tents – they’ve designated several sites where we can cluster tents, tenters will use bathrooms in the Retreat Center.
Plan to join us for community, connection, fun and food in this beautiful mountain environment. Highlands Camp is about 35 miles (about an hour drive from Boulder). We will gather between 4 and 6pm on Friday at the camp and then share an evening meal, then some music and games. On Saturday we will have numerous activities and workshops for all, and 3 meals. Sunday will include breakfast, more community fun, a service before lunch, and parting shortly after lunch.
Our task force is busy creating on-line registration and planning workshops and activities for all ages. More detailed information will be available on the registration form which will be linked to our church website. If you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns you are welcome to contact any one of us. Task Force Members include: Whitney Wheeless, Mary Clough, Jason English, Ed Self, Nicole deLormier, Helen McGrath, Dianne Ewing, and Heidi Todd.
We look forward to a fabulous retreat! Please plan to attend this August 21-23!