August 16-18 our congregation is returning to Highlands Camp and Retreat Center near Allenspark, Colorado for a weekend retreat – promising fun and community connections. Members and friends of UUCB are welcome. Registration is currently open either on the web at:
- or after service in the Sky Room.
Join us for community, connection, fun and food in this beautiful mountain environment. Highlands Camp is about 35 miles west (about an hour drive) from Boulder. We will gather between 4 and 6pm on Friday at the camp and then share an evening meal and some music. On Saturday, we will have numerous activities and workshops for all, and 3 meals. Sunday will include breakfast, more community fun, a service before lunch, and parting shortly after lunch.
We can choose from one of 3 ways to stay at Highlands.
- They have a beautiful Retreat Center with rooms accommodating 3-6 people in twin beds (and a few queen beds). All rooms have private bathrooms.
- They have 3 rustic log cabins reserved for us, each with 20-24 beds. These have central living rooms, multiple bedrooms, and shared bathrooms.
- And the third option for up to 12 tents – they’ve designated property around the Horse Lodge where we can cluster tents. Tenters will use bathrooms in the Horse Lodge..
- We have many workshops and activities planned and are asking our members to propose any additional workshop/activity that you might want to lead. We have Proposed Workshop Forms that should be completed and returned to a Retreat Team member or the church office. We will then sort through the proposals and design a menu of workshops and activities for our young children, our youth, and all adults, as well as numerous multi-generational workshops and activities.
- The Camp provides great outdoor activities and access to beautiful hikes. We will plan a few hikes. Their challenge course is fun for ages 8 and up and is included for all at no additional fee. They offer archery and canoeing for all ages and a rock climbing activity for those age 10 and up. A few of these activities may require pre registration and incur a small additional fee.
Our Retreat Team has been busy planning workshops and activities for all ages. More detailed information is available on the registration form which is linked to our church website. If you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns you are welcome to contact any one of us. Retreat Team Members: Mary Clough, Mary Pierce, Linda Tharp, Billie Abbitt, Kaitlin Abbitt, Janet Evans, Catherine Raveczky, Catherine Marsh, Sharon LaRoche.
We look forward to a fabulous retreat! Please plan to attend!
The link for more information and to register: