Become a Member
Membership in our congregation is defined in our church Bylaws. Voting members are individuals who are 14 years old or older, who have signed the Membership book, and who make a regular recorded financial contribution to the Church.
All members can register for access to the Members section of this site, where they can view or download our membership directory, Bylaws, financial reports, and policy documents.
Why join the Unitarian Universalist Church of Boulder?
By formally joining our congregation, you are committing to be a full participant, supporting our faith community and working in partnership for the greater good. You will join a community committed to helping you in your spiritual journey. We covenant to walk together.
The benefits of membership include:
- The right to vote for resolutions in congregational meetings and in elections;
- The ability to serve as an Officer of the Congregation, Elected Leader, or chair of a Committee or Ministry Team;
- A minister who can officiate your life rituals (child dedications, weddings, and memorials);
- Use of the church facility for special ceremonies;
- Full participation in the creation of our congregation’s shared future.
What am I committing to when I join?
By joining UUCB, you are committing to support the congregation with your time, talent and treasure. Members are expected to make a financial commitment to the congregation each year, based on their individual ability to give. In special circumstances, services may be substituted for monetary contribution.
Members commit to our Covenant of Respectful Relationships. Our spiritual health and growth requires our best efforts to maintain respectful relationships with each other, especially when we encounter conflicts among our members or with our Minister or staff.
Covenant of Respectful Relationships
As a member of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Boulder, I covenant to do the following to the best of my ability:
- I will treat others in our community with the same love and respect that I would like to receive.
- I will listen to others with attention and empathy, recognizing that it is as important to understand as to be understood.
- I will speak honestly and directly, with care and compassion.
- I will honor the right of others to form and hold differing opinions.
- I will speak directly with anyone with whom I have a concern.
- I will focus on the present and the future, rather than on the past.
- I will keep an open mind and remain engaged in the process of seeking a resolution when conflict occurs.
How do I join the church?
Those who are interested in joining UUCB should attend a Path to Membership Class, which describes the benefits of membership, the history of Unitarian Universalism and of UUCB, the details of our church’s operations, and ways members can connect more deeply. These classes are offered four times a year. After completing the class, future members must:
- Complete a Pledge Card to indicate their financial commitment to our church community and faith movement;
- Sign the Membership book at the church;
- Attend a Membership Ceremony, held during a Sunday worship service, to be welcomed by the congregation.