ECO-CYCLE has new recycling guidelines: Now posted over our recycling/compost bins!
Just as a reminder, why recycling and composting is so important to the Earth. The following is from a recent Eco-Cycle email:
“Do you know that Zero Waste is fundamental to overcoming some of the biggest challenges of our time – climate change, the decline of habitat, pollution in our rivers and oceans (just to name a few?) It’s a solution we need to take as fast and as far as possible.
- 42% of greenhouse gases are emitted during the production, distribution, and disposal of food and consumer goods, according to the E.P.A.
- Colorado’s recycling rate is just 12%. By recycling just 10% more, 450,000 tons of carbon emissions annually could be saved, the equivalent of taking nearly 100,000 cars off the road every year.
- When landfilled, organic materials release methane, a dangerous greenhouse gas that traps 84 times more heat in our atmosphere than carbon dioxide (over the short term).”
NEW PLASTIC ITEMS WE CAN RECYCLE!
- Berry containers and other plastic clamshell containers
- Flower pots
- Hard plastic six-pack holders
- Plastic crates and buckets
THANK YOU FOR TAKING TIME TO SEPARATE OUR WASTE INTO THE CORRECT BINS!