At the Unitarian Universalist Church of Boulder, deepening faith means that we develop as meaning-makers. Faith is not about accepting impossible ideas. Rather, it is about embracing life’s possibilities and making meaning of our experiences and the universe. Faith is practiced in relationship with others — it has personal dimensions, but it is best supported by a community of shared symbols, stories, values, and meaning.
One way we deepen faith is through religious exploration and education. The Unitarian Universalist educational philosophy does not impose doctrines. Our way is to offer experiences where everyone can safely and honestly make meaning using processes that include reason, experience, and love. These opportunities are offered for children, youth, young adults, adults, and older adults. They may incorporate spiritual practice, deep listening, social justice activities, service trips, worship opportunities, fellowship, and fun.
The Unitarian Universalist Church of Boulder offers classes and workshops for adults to explore their religious identities and engage with spiritual topics. Each year, there are two “semesters” –
Fall: September 15 – November 15
Spring: February 15 – April 30.
There are three paths you can follow: Deepening Faith, Living Well, Enacting Justice. Details about courses can be found on our Events Page.
An overview for the Spring 2019 “session” is below.
Spring 2019 Schedule.
* Indicates that registration is required.
Ongoing Open Groups – Contact the leaders and watch the Midweek Messenger to learn more
- *Covenant Groups – dates based on sign ups; Contact Sharon Belew
- God Talk – Second Thursdays at 6:30pm Youth Room – Contact Karen Morgan
- Tai Chi led by Bud Spear
- Friday Afternoon Book (FAB) Club – Second Fridays at 1:00pm, Listening Room – Contact Laurie Mazzola at Owlangel57@yahoo.com
- Getting to Know UU. Jan 20, 10:15-11:15 and 12:15-1:15 pm and March 3, 10:15-11:15 and 12:15-1:15pm
- Starting Point Jan 29, 30 and Feb 5, 6 from 6:30-8:30 pm (Plan to attend all four).
- Soul Jam – Every Tuesday in April. 7:00 – 8:00 pm; led by Christopher Watkins Lamb and Lead Minister
- *Practices for the UU Journey. Starting Sunday March 3; Then first and third Tuesdays 7:00 – 8:00 pm; led by Lead Minister
- Being Mortal – Feb. 5, 12 and 19; 6:00-8:00 pm. A book study led by Peter Holt and Pastoral Care Associates
- The Hate U Give. Book study on Wednesdays April 10,17, and 24 at 6:30 pm in the Hearth Room. Film showing April 27. 4:00 pm. Earth Room. Discussion afterward.