The Unitarian Universalist Church of Boulder offers classes and workshops for adults to explore their religious identities and engage with spiritual topics. Each year, there are two “sessions” or “semesters” – Fall: September 15 – November 15 and Spring: March 1 – April 30.
There are three paths you can follow, each with opportunities to go deeper: Deepening Faith, Living Well, Enacting Justice. Examples of courses that have been offered are listed below. To find out which ones are upcoming, visit our Events page.
Fall 2018 Session Offerings
September 15 – November 15
Sign up at Adult R.E. table during both Fellowship Hours on August 26, September 2, 9, and 16
* Indicates that registration is required.
Ongoing Open Groups – Contact the leaders and watch the Midweek Messenger to learn more
- *Covenant Groups – dates based on sign ups; Contact: Sharon Belew
- God Talk – Second Thursdays. 7:00 – 8:30; Youth Room – Led by Rev. Kelly
- Tai Chi led by Tim Piwonka-Corle – Fridays 8:00 – 9:00 am; Sky Room – Until November 15 when Bud Spear returns to teach
- Friday Afternoon Book (FAB) Club – Second Fridays at 1:00pm, Listening Room – Contact Laurie Mazzola at Owlangel57@yahoo.com
- Sanctuary Spiritual Reflection Circles; First Tuesdays 7:00 – 8:30, Youth Room – Led by Rev. Kelly
- Getting to Know UU. Sunday September 23, or Sunday, November 3
- *Book Study: God is Not One:The Eight Rival Religions That Run the World–and Why Their Differences Matter by Stephen Prothero. Three Tuesday evenings, 7 – 8:30 pm, October 16, 23, 30. This book study on world religions will be led by Rev. Kelly
- *Tutorial on Covenantal Conversations. Wednesday, September 26, 6:30 – 8:30 pm, Sky Room. Facilitated by the Committee on Shared Ministries
- Everything You Need To Know About Your Aging Parents. Two Sundays, 12 – 2 pm. October 7, 14. Sponsored by Caring Ministry Team
- *Justice on Earth: People of Faith Working at the Intersections of Race, Class and the Environment – Sponsored by the Inquiring Minds reading group, Climate Action Ministry and Racial Justice Ministry. Three Monday evenings, 7 – 8:30 pm, October 1, 8, 15.
Sign up at Adult R.E. table during both Fellowship Hours on August 26, September 2, 9, 16
We are always seeking new ideas for adult religious exploration. To suggest a class or workshop, or to volunteer to help lead one, contact Rev. Kelly.