Official end of registration for this event was Monday, July 20 – AND if you want to join us and haven’t yet registered, we may have room – we will work to find some. Send an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- Our members along with our new minister will be providing a variety workshops and activities – details on the website (uuchurchofboulder.org). Sign-ups have started in July and will continue through our arrival Friday, August 21, at Highlands.
- The Camp provides great outdoor activities and access to beautiful hikes. We will plan hikes and games and lots of outdoor fun. The camp offers several activities for us: their challenge course looks like fun for ages 8 and up. They offer archery and canoeing for all ages and their zip line is available to ages 13 and up. We will have a kids’ programs running concurrently with adult programs and many will be multi-generational.
We choose from one of 3 ways to stay at Highlands.
- They have a beautiful Retreat Center with rooms accommodating 3-6 people in twin beds (and a few queen beds) with private bathrooms.
- They have 3 rustic log cabins reserved for us, each with 20-24 beds. These have central living rooms, multiple bedrooms, and shared bathrooms.
- And the third option for a limited number of tents – they’ve designated several sites where we can cluster tents; tenters will use bathrooms in the Retreat Center.
Reverend Kelly Dignan will join us Friday evening through Saturday afternoon and our Summer Minister Diana McLean leads us in worship on Sunday in the beautiful outdoor Vespers area (car and wheelchair accessible).
Plan to join us for community, connection, fun and food in this beautiful mountain environment. Highlands Camp is about 35 miles (about an hour drive from Boulder). We will gather between 4 and 6pm on Friday at the camp and then share an evening meal, then some music and games. On Saturday we will have numerous activities and workshops for all, and 3 meals. Sunday will include breakfast, more community fun, a service before lunch, and parting shortly after lunch.
Our task force is busy scheduling workshops and activities for all ages. If you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns you are welcome to contact any one of us. Task Force Members include: Whitney Wheeless, Mary Clough, Jason English, Ed Self, Nicole deLormier, Helen McGrath, Dianne Ewing, and Heidi Todd.
We looking forward to a fabulous retreat! details and video of last year’s retreat at: http://www.uuchurchofboulder.org/retreat/