Covenant of the 2014-15 Unitarian Universalist Church of Boulder Search Committee
We, the members of UUCB’s Search Committee, pledge to work together in partnership during these months to select the best minister to match our congregation. In order to succeed in this process, we promise the following:
- To respect each other’s perspectives, skills, and strengths.
- To build trust through honest, open communication.
- To create and uphold a safe space to be authentic even in our differences.
- To clear the air at the end of each meeting, not leaving unspoken any significant concerns, and even when we have conflicting ideas, to bring our concerns directly to one another.
- To speak in one voice in our communication to the congregation.
- To remember to keep our senses of humor, and to practice gratitude for this opportunity to serve our religious community together.
We may encounter challenges that test the promises of this covenant. When these challenges arise, we promise to help each other, and seek counsel from our designated consultants if needed, to ask and offer forgiveness generously, and to learn from our experiences, and to begin again.
All these promises we make in service of our commitment to our church community, to the Spirit of Life and Love, and to the continual growth and health of liberal religion at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Boulder and in our wider world.