Volunteer at UUCB
What is the essence of life? To serve others and to do good.
11– Aristotle (384-322 BC)
Volunteer at UUCB!
Our congregation represents a commitment by many individuals to work in partnership for the greater good. There are lots of ways to serve and give back to the UUCB community!
On Sunday Mornings…
We always need volunteers to help on Sunday Mornings! You can help with coffee setup, Greet at the front door, bring snacks for Fellowship coffee hour, or help cleanup Fellowship Coffee Hour. Use this Sign Up Genius Link to Sign Up! Email the Congregational Life Director, Abby, with questions.
Another way to volunteer at UUCB is to share your time and talents to help at one-time events like an All-Church work day, our annual auction called Fabulous Feasts, or multigenerational social events. Or you can provide childcare for a church meeting or event so that parents can attend. These activities are organized by various committees or ministry teams. Contact the church office with your interest.
Ministry Teams and Committees
The full benefits of our faith community become more possible when we engage in the ministries of the church. This is an opportunity to match your gifts, skills and interests with the needs of our community.
Our ministry teams include:
- Adult Religious Education – Organizes courses and workshops for adults
- Archives – Collects, organizes, inventories, preserves, and makes available the written, audio, video, photographic, and other physical artifacts pertaining to the past and present history of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Boulder.
- Audio/Visual – Operates sound and visual systems during worship services and other events
- Caring – Offers calls, cards, visits and rides for those with physical ailments or illnesses
- Communication – Plans and offers various vehicles for communication to the congregation and wider community
- Fellowship – Organizes social gatherings that offer fun and fellowship
- Membership – Helps people connect and engage with the church on a spectrum of involvement that ranges from casual visitor to fully integrated member
- Music – Offers the congregation music that inspires us
- Religious Education for Children and Youth – Supports the Director of Faith Formation to deliver curricula and events that nourish children and youth in spiritual growth
- Social Justice – Supports our work in the world to enact justice
- Worship – Helps plan and deliver quality worship experiences weekly
Our committees include:
- Buildings and Grounds – Responsible for repairing, maintaining, and improving the physical property of the church, inside and outside the building
- Finance – Monitors the financial status of the church and helps maintain its sound condition
- Fundraising – Organizes fundraising events to raise money for the church
- Personnel – Ensures consistent treatment for all employees and that employees are compensated in accordance with comparable institutions in the region and denominational standards
- Safety and Risk – Evaluates and creates policies to ensure the safety of the church building and all occupants
If you are interested in any of these volunteer opportunities, email us!
Our elected leaders and the volunteer chairs of our ministry teams and committees are responsible for leading our congregation, helping us fulfill our mission, and building for our future. The Leadership Development Committee is responsible for developing leadership skills in our congregation and for nominating leaders for the Board of Trustees and the Committee on Shared Ministries.
Serve with Grace
When you volunteer at UUCB, we hope the experience will fill you up. One way you can ensure that is to “serve with grace.” That means you consider your gifts and discern where and how to use them. When you use your gifts, you will be nourished, not drained, and serving will become a spiritual practice.
We also support one another in our volunteer commitments by following a Mindful Meetings model in our ministry teams and committees, which helps us to build closer interpersonal ties and remain mindful of the spiritual nature of the work we do together.