We honor members, friends, visitors
Our thoughts and good wishes continue to be with:
- Matthew Stirts on the death of his mother Jude Stirts, February 4, 2022. Jude was our Director of Religious Education for twelve years from 1992 – 2004. A service will happen in late spring, or early summer.
- The family of Ruth “Rebekka“ Struik. Rebekka, a longtime UUCB member, died February 9, 2022 at Fraiser Meadows Retirement Community at age 93. A celebration of Rebekka’s life is planned for 2 p.m. Saturday, May 7 at Fraiser Meadows Retirement Community, 350 Ponca Place, Boulder, CO.
- Jon Scull and family on the death of Sandy Scull on February 10, 2022.
- Dave Pitts’ cousin, Steve Hadler, was in Hospice and died at the end of February.
- Babs Herrli’s friend Nancy has cancer and two months to live.
- Concern for the people of Ukraine, and the soldiers on both sides.
- Janet Salmons shared that her circle has a hole in it, because she lost a dear friend to cancer last month.
- We might know him from DCPA productions – Harvey Blanks. Whitney Wheeless is thinking of, and sending healing thoughts to friends who have had medical emergencies this week.
- Barbara Molfese is in Maine because of a family emergency. She is staying with her aunt who’s 103 while her son (care-giver) is in the hospital.
- Laura Coleman, who attends Senior Salon every week, and a UU who has moved to CO from Memphis TN, fell on the ice and broke her wrist. She had surgery and is recovering very well. Unfortunately she recently found out that she also tore her rotator cuff, and is scheduled for more surgery March 30.
- Karen Churnside received news of her cousin Jon’s passing. He has been an example of a “good man” his whole life. Go in peace Jon.
- Whitney Wheeless sent healing thoughts to her parents who both came down with Covid, at the end of February.
Congratulations, Good Luck, Blessings, and Thanks to:
- Laurel Seppala-Etra and Jon Etra’s granddaughter Clara, who turned seven on February 13th.
- Babs Herrli is celebrating her high school friend Nancy’s 69th journey around the sun. Blessings.
- Kay Doggett shares her relief, and gratitude that Jack is rebounding so successfully from cranial surgery, after less than a week. They were at our second service back in the church on February 27.
- John Cuddington’s dad, 98, left the hospital last month, and is back home with his mom, 93. They live in Canada. Hooray!
- On February 20 Nicole and Matt Ball were awaiting word of their sister/in-law, who was in labor at that very moment.
Random Thoughts: Our really good news was being back, in person, in the church on February 20th. Rev. Schwartz was very excited as this was his first time in our “real pulpit” with people in the seats – beyond staff, worship leaders, chalice lighters and our GREAT AV team! Fred and Moi were also pleased to be back at our Welcome Table greeting members and visitors. On the 27th we had four new visitors at each service. Another highlight of that 1st “inside service” was the presentation, and ritual of welcoming for our three new Affiliated Community Ministers; Rev. Jeremy Nickel, Rev. Kristen Psaki, and Rev. Teri Schwartz.